Articles by Ike Brannon
Why the Government Won't Let Colleges Reduce Tuition
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
- Congress should give permission for private colleges to cooperate in cutting their tuition. It’s hard to see who would be hurt in the process.
The Minimum Wage Can Never Be High Enough
Sunday, September 7, 2014
- The minimum wage is a facile non-solution for the complicated problem of poverty in America.
New Flight Rules Are a Heavy Load
Sunday, May 25, 2014
- Requiring that pilots have more flight hours may seem like a sensible government action designed to protect us, but the reality is that it will destroy jobs, ...
Wednesday, June 26, 2013
- Transportation and municipal authorities have inundated the public with warnings, alerts, and notifications. The effort may be counterproductive; it is ...
The Upside of Voter ID Initiatives
Thursday, June 16, 2011
- Cutting off the easy route to voter registration may prove to be a genuine boon for those on the fringes of society.
Who Really Stands to Win in the Union Fights?
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
- Putting the contretemps in Wisconsin and other states in context.