Articles by Joseph Antos
Sebelius Gets Tough on Medicaid Enrollment
Thursday, May 1, 2014
- In threatening to cut payments to states that are not enrolling people into Medicaid quickly enough, the administration has found a tool to punish states that ...
Obamacare: Destined to Flop? Part IV
Thursday, September 19, 2013
- In the final installment of this four-part series, AEI’s Joseph Antos looks at what is likely to happen when the Affordable Care Act goes into effect. He ...
Obamacare: Destined to Flop? Part III
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
- In Parts I and II of this four-part series, AEI’s Joseph Antos looked closely at how the exchanges will work and whether they will make coverage affordable. In ...
Obamacare: Destined to Flop? Part II
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
- In Part I of this four-part series, AEI’s Joseph Antos looked at how the health care exchanges will operate. In this installment, he looks at the issue of ...
Obamacare: Destined to Flop? Part I
Monday, September 16, 2013
- In this four-part series, AEI’s Joseph Antos provides a comprehensive account of what is likely to happen with Obamacare now and in years to come. In this ...
Medicare Reform Faces Reality
Friday, February 17, 2012
- A proposal in Congress would create a competitive bidding process that has the potential to save the taxpayers substantial sums—without forcing seniors ...
The Debt Deal Will Undo ObamaCare
Thursday, August 4, 2011
- Here’s how the debt deal could trim the massive expansion of health spending created in last year’s healthcare law.
Long May She Waive
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
- Several hundred firms have been granted waivers on some of ObamaCare’s rules; but other firms undoubtedly meriting similar waivers will not get them, and their ...
Confessions of a Price Controller
Saturday, October 30, 2010
- The government price controls in America’s healthcare system always push prices up. Here’s why.
Still No Good News for ObamaCare
Thursday, September 23, 2010
- ObamaCare addresses every healthcare problem, with every solution further centralizing power and decision making in Washington. The promises do not come ...
A Mistaken Prognosis for Medicare
Thursday, August 5, 2010
- The Obama administration is again claiming that the new healthcare law will strengthen Medicare, this time by conveniently cutting out the uglier findings of ...
This Is How the Healthcare Overhaul Ends
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
- The Blair House meeting will effectively end the healthcare reform debate for this year. Here’s why.
Balancing the Budget on the Backs of Cancer Patients?
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
- Unless the public intervenes, a new rule will make patients sicker.
Everything You Wanted to Know About Medicare But Were Too Confused to Ask
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
- It’s America’s largest and most endangered health insurance program. Changes that give consumers more say—like the new Part D drug benefit—are helpful, but ...
Good Medicine for the Tax Code
Thursday, January 25, 2007
- The President’s health care proposal would put patients in charge of buying their health care, and eliminate today’s perverse incentive to overspend.