Articles by Leon Aron
The Kremlin's Propaganda Campaign and Russia's Regression
Thursday, October 24, 2013
- The Kremlin is addressing Russia’s economic problems by dusting off Soviet-era propaganda and policies. The resulting paranoia and intolerance are bound to ...
Putin’s Petro State Approaching Empty
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
- Russia faces two challenges that will affect its preeminence as an energy supplier and its ability to wield oil and gas as geostrategic tools. At stake are the ...
Friday, November 14, 2008
- Vladimir Putin has harnessed patronage, nepotism, and cronyism to build Russia’s corporatist state.
The Yeltsin Legacy
Monday, April 23, 2007
- History will record the late Russian leader as a great liberator.
Russia’s Oil Woes
Monday, January 8, 2007
- Moscow’s attachment to statist economic policy is undermining its bid for global energy dominance, writes LEON ARON. By re-nationalizing its energy sector, ...