Articles by Roger Noriega
Venezuelans Resist an Illegitimate and Violent Regime
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
- A majority of Venezuelans voted for change and now has no choice but to resist a regime that can hold on to power only with violence.
Will the State Department Legitimize a Narco-Authoritarian Regime in Venezuela?
Friday, December 14, 2012
- If Congress does not act soon, career diplomats may get their wish of normalizing relations with Caracas.
The Toxic Transition in Venezuela
Monday, March 19, 2012
- If a narco-state or violent crackdown emerges in Venezuela, the White House will no longer be able to avert its attention from the mess or to ‘lead from ...
Friday, September 3, 2010
- If the polls are reliable, it seems that Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez will be tested on September 26. For the defenders of Venezuelan democracy, the test ...
Haiti’s Disasters: Natural and Man-Made
Thursday, January 14, 2010
- Before the natural disasters of the last decade, a man-made disaster hit Haiti. As the Obama administration responds to this crisis, it should learn from past ...
Thursday, November 19, 2009
- What happens when populist politicians try to micromanage public utilities?